Monday, September 8, 2008

MY EXPERIENCE WITH FLOW...


Actually, most of us have their own experience with flow. Perhaps, truly happy people experience it often. To understand the word flow, think about the river. It moves smoothly and easily down a mountain, trough a forest, to the ocean. The river flows toward the ocean. A person sometimes experience moments of flow in life. These are times when an activity goes very smoothly and brings greats happiness. However, flow does not last long. My experience begins when I was at primary school and now in campus life. I could remember when I am in standard one which is my teacher choose me to join with my senior to participate in dancing performance. I am so happy because I am the one in my class who was choosing to participate with them and actually I felt so weird why just me are choosing at that time??? Now, that is not the right time to think because I need to focus on my performance. At the first time, I am so stiff because I do not know how to dance nicely. When I dance, my friends always laugh at me. They said my dancing same like robot on cartoon' television, but I don’t give up and I will try my best because my teacher ever said that I have a talent to improve my skill in dancing. What I want to tell you about my experience with flow are it makes me have a great focus during I have done my practice. This is the one of characteristic with flow. I just think of what I have done. I need to do the best as I can. During weekend, I always practice at the school with my teacher until I can dance nicely. Although, I am not the one who can dance nicely, but I have a great practice and I am going to improve my skill. My teacher is the one who always give me supported and encourage during my practicing. She also increases my self-confident in the high rate. I am so thankful to her. I am always practice in front of mirror to ensure I can do the best during the performance. At the first time I performed in front of the audience, I felt so anxious and nervous, but I would tried my best and finally I successful pull through that distract my attention to perform. Then I can dance gracefully until I join Fansuri’ club in my university. That was my opportunity and chance to establish my skill in dancing. I am also felt very satisfied and glad because I able to perform well beyond my expectation. Now, I can teach my friend how to dance gracefully because my teacher said I can dance very well in front of the audience. That is not my expectation because before it I can dance with attention. I felt nervous even my friends want my expertise to teach them. I can not believe it! The great happiness appeared in the deep of my heart at the moment. Hopefully, I can dance nicely during the Grand Manifestos Festival on October that I was examined by my teacher in order to pass my co-curriculum’ examination…

No comments: